HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images   Tumblr  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SWITCH

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

BE NICE. ONLY STAFFERS HAVE THEIR NAME IN ALL CAPS. YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY REFRESH THE CBOX.

Latest topics
» Five Faction System RPG |PB|
Sunshine EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 6:37 am by Guest

» Whizz Bang! A Post Potter/Werewolf Army RP
Sunshine EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 6:14 pm by Guest

» △ The City of Jericho -- Jcink △
Sunshine EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 2:30 pm by Guest

» PARTY NEVER ENDS (JCINk) NEW - BH, CALI - NO APP NO SHIPPER
Sunshine EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:21 pm by Guest

» harry potter sorting quiz game!
Sunshine EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:32 am by Tatum Bolton

» THE GRAPHICS GAMES ♠
Sunshine EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 12:47 am by Guest

» Tesserae Claims
Sunshine EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 11:49 pm by Artemis Mork

» Moving!
Sunshine EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 8:03 pm by Tony's Superman

» Who Would've Won?
Sunshine EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 7:05 pm by Paris Blaze

SPN Legacies Atlantis Unveiled   Potter's Army DIVIDED WE FALL DIVERGE ▲ SixthStation TWF I Solemnly Swear...
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 43 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:44 am

Sunshine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ducky Momo
Ducky Momo
District Eleven
District Eleven

Alias : Drewsy
Job : Student

Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Sunshine   Sunshine EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 5:36 pm

The sun was being a cruel lady today in eleven. It was hot which equaled sweat which equaled a groaning Ducky. District eleven already had it bad with poverty and losing two tributes every time the games came around. Now the heat? It was just cruel. The teen's mind tried thinking of something positive but really what was there? Yes he could draw in his notebook late. That is something to keep him able to work till his shift was done right?. Picking fruit from a tree wasn't that hard. Fairly easy jus pick the fruit if you can from the ground and if you cant. You climb, collect, and pass it to the other person working on the tree with you.  Taking a sit on a sturdy enough branch he sighed and wiped the bead of sweat off his forehead." Sun is being a evil thing today eh? " He sort of asked whoever was listening.
Back to top Go down
Thor Gibbson
Thor Gibbson
District Eleven
District Eleven

Alias : Tony

Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunshine   Sunshine EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Thor looked up at the beaming sun. His skin was getting charred. He felt like a burning brick. Every day since he was 12 years old, he had to work on these Orchards. If he won the Games, he wouldn't have to anymore. Maybe that soon would come. Maybe it would. But this year, he felt like it wasn't his time. These new rules weren't helping any District besides Eight so far, and he didn't want to put himself into something that he knew that he couldn't handle. He wished that it wasn't him this year. He looked at the boy talking that was working on the tree with him. They had some shifts together, however Thor never talked to him unless he said something first. It's just his personality not to speak. "I suppose so," he said. His wifebeater t-shirt was sweated out, and he would probably fall out if he didn't get any water soon.
Back to top Go down
Ducky Momo
Ducky Momo
District Eleven
District Eleven

Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunshine   Sunshine EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 6:16 pm

Ducky thought about the tributes of the games. He had never talked to Boyce but he did talk to Trulee. She had been smarter then him and thus it equaled her tutoring him. She was a nice enough girl but she always seemed awkward and a bit high strung. Like everything was serious with her. Ducky tried making things light and happy as they could be when talking to her. A few times he got her to laugh and she would always apologize about her being awkward and saying it was because she was a only child. Ducky was a only child too but he didn't act the same. Anyways a few days ago her death reminded him to return her notes that he barrowed. So he had went to her house and knocked on the door but it just opened. Now that he thought about it now it was odd that her parents left the door open. He had left the notes slightly under the mat. Then he heard that her parents were found dead in there house. Ducky never thought someone could feel that sad to end it...but this showed him. Ducky was snapping out of the sad thought and hearing the boy talk. He was obviously bigger then him so it made since he would be in the tree. No offence to the other boy but no one wanted broken branches. "Hey Thor is it?....Did...you know her." Wiping a bead of sweat off his face as he reached his hand out to give a fruit as he dropped some in his other hand into the basket." Trulee I mean."
Back to top Go down
Thor Gibbson
Thor Gibbson
District Eleven
District Eleven

Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunshine   Sunshine EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Thor looked up at Ducky again and he saw that he was in intense thought. What was going through his head? Thor was scared inside. He didn't want it to be him. And he hoped the best for the two that it was for the second part of the Quell. He wished them all the best of luck, because they'll need it in that Arena. Who knows what the Gamemakers will come up with next, who knows. "No," he said. "But Boyce's brother happens to be a good friend of mine," he looked down. A small tear fell from his eyes, as he stared at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Ducky Momo
Ducky Momo
District Eleven
District Eleven

Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunshine   Sunshine EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 7:54 pm

How could someone feel that empty without someone? Ducky wasn't a parent but he couldn't imagine killing himself if he lost his parents. Sure Trulee had been there whole world but why do it. It is something hopefully Ducky wouldn't need to ever understand. No one deserved to feel that empty. All because of a game? for entertainment? more like torture for the loved ones of the tributes. Ducky came out of his thought and had kept his arm out to give the fruit as he listened to Thor speak. If Thor was reaped he was sure he would win. Unlike himself Thor was strong while Ducky was average but making up for it with agility and climbing. Ducky only hoped the odds were in there favor but of course he wished that for everyone. No one deserved to be reaped. His blue eyes noticed Thor looking down. He only assumed that he was sad as his hand was left in the air holding the fruit." Really nice girl once you get to know her." He sighed." I went to her parents house to give back her notes...and I didn't think much of the door being open." He didn't know why he was blabbing. Thor probably didn't care about her but it was just something on his mind." Then I learned they commited suicide." The thought braught a tear to the blue eyed boys face that slide off his cheek." I don't know how someone can get that sad."
Back to top Go down
Thor Gibbson
Thor Gibbson
District Eleven
District Eleven

Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunshine   Sunshine EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:45 pm

When the boy had mentioned the death of Trulee's parents.. And how they died, he was so surprised. There had been an uprising in Eleven before the Games, maybe Trulee's parents just didn't know what to do next? Maybe they felt that they had no choice? The Capitol ran them too short. They gave up. But Thor would never. How could you? Wouldn't you want to ride it out until the end? Trulee did, so why would they not? He couldn't judge, because it wasn't him.. But it's not anything he'd want his parents to do. "That's.. sad," he commented. "What's your name?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Ducky Momo
Ducky Momo
District Eleven
District Eleven

Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunshine   Sunshine EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Ducky kept thinking about Trulee. A good person like her didn't deserve to die. And the thought about her parents upset him. He just couldn't understand how someone could get that sad to do that. Ducky certainly didn't want his mother doing nor his father. No matter how hard acting his father is and how much his mother can embarrassed. He would never want them to end it. Ducky finally decided to throw the fruit at Thor because he wasn't taking it. It was just one fruit and he attempted at throwing the other fruit in his hand into the basket. Not making it at all as he listened to Thor ask about his name. He smiled and laughed lightly." As long as you promise not to laugh." He giggled as he picked some more fruit and tossed it." I'm Ducky Momo."
Back to top Go down
Thor Gibbson
Thor Gibbson
District Eleven
District Eleven

Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunshine   Sunshine EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:31 am

Thor knew that he may soon see this boy up there on that stage after his name was drawn. But it could be him up there too. His family would fall apart if he died. However they would try to stay strong. He would try his best to win. The piece of fruit hit Thor's chest, and he caught it in one of his hands. Then he saw the other fruit fall into the basket safely. "Nice throw," he stated. Once he heard the boy's name, he thought. Who came up with that? "It's.. original." he suggested.
Back to top Go down
Ducky Momo
Ducky Momo
District Eleven
District Eleven

Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunshine   Sunshine EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:27 am

What if he would get reaped? It would tear his mother apart. His parents had adoptive him to raise and see grow up. Not to die young in some game for entertainment. Ducky was only merely sixteen and was already a prostitute for a year now and had a this day job to help out at home. It wasn't fair but that was life in eleven now wasn't it. Maybe he could talk to one of his friends later and that would cheer up his slight sad mood now. Ducky heard the compliment and smiled. He wasn't sure if it was because he hit a large target or the baskets. Hitting Thor was easy but the baskets were just luck. "No Just luck. I'm sure your a better thrower then me." Ducky laughed and picked some more fruits. Tossing them down as he could only guess what Thor was thinking of his name." Hey not all of us have mothers who pick powerful names like Thor. I'm just happy to had been adopted and have one." It was true. It could be worse and he could of been stuck at the orphanage and not have adopted him when he was a baby. Ducky saw a fruit a bit higher and accidently made one bad step on a weak branch, falling to the ground onto the branch. The wound was only small and would just be a bad bruise on his leg later is all."Ow." He laughed as he wipped himself off and picked up the fruit that fell with him.
Back to top Go down
Thor Gibbson
Thor Gibbson
District Eleven
District Eleven

Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunshine   Sunshine EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 11:45 am

Thor didn't guess that the boy was adopted. The majority of the families in Eleven have been here since before the war, and the Games. They were usually all fairly large, and very comforting and unified. But to hear that the boy was adopted, Thor felt sad for him. He'd hate to not know his real parents. They would know, and they would see you, but they choose not to tell you who they are. They cry when you're reaped, then you'll know. "Oh," he said softly. Thor's name came from his mother and father. They said that he would be powerful. Strong. But also intelligent. Witty. And Determined. Which is what he is, and what he always has been to this day. "I guess not." he said. "I'm.. sorry," he suggested. "Do you.. know your real parents?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Ducky Momo
Ducky Momo
District Eleven
District Eleven

Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunshine   Sunshine EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Ducky was almost sure Thor could throw him. He was bigger then him and stronger obviously. Ducky did take notice of small things just so he wouldn't get beat up. Annoying a guy like Thor could wind him bruised pretty bad. Thor didn't seem like the type to beat him up though. Ducky though he was cool...maybe could be less silent a little. He heard the apology as he was getting up off the ground since he has just fallen out of a tree. "No need to be sorry...I got a good mom and.... a decent dad." The blue eyed boy began climbing the tree after he took a quick notice of how handsome Thor was. Ducky could only assume girls fallen for the strong silent type that Ducky thought he was. The next question sort of surprised him. Unless being a young baby counts as seeing them. Ducky could only guess what they looked like even though they could be anyone. Maybe they have been watching him from the sidelines and he never noticed. The boy never know."No...I was a baby when taken to the orphanage and then adopted quickly because my parents cant have kids." He was referring to his adoptive parents complication with having kids."But its weird not knowing sometimes if I have met them....I can never truly know if they had wanted me in the first place." Ducky spoke dryly." Or if they have a whole new family by now." A sigh escaped his lips as he wanted to change the conversation before it got to him more then it already was." So how old are you? "
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunshine   Sunshine Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunshine

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rag & Bone :: Panem -- Lower Districts :: District Eleven-